Tuesday 1 May 2012

Ummm...can I get an electrician please? Lessons from a telephone pole.

Yesterday was one of those days where nothing seemed to be working out.  I was in Tagbilaran and may or may not have had a slight meltdown at one point.  Nothing serious, more just me being tired and a bit of a drama queen.  However, in one of those moments when I was feeling frustrated and grumpy, I looked up above the streets of Tagbilaran and started to giggle.  The reason:



I love Filipino wiring.  It would give a Canadian building inspector a heart attack, but hey, it seems to work.  It was a good reminder that working in another country means trying to better understand how things work HERE and accepting that it may be different and you just have to roll with it.  Sometimes a mess of wires may seem crazy foreign to you, but it still gets the job done.  

1 comment:

  1. Are there any shoes tied together and thrown over the wires, like there are here? - Mom

    ReplyDelete